Globalization and new technologies such as the Internet have led to a sharp increase in competitive pressure. In order to remain competitive, products and services therefore require constant innovation. Product improvement is by far the most common subject of idea workshops.
Increasing competitive pressure has led to faster movement towards commoditization. Companies are forced to increase the pace of innovation and introduce product upgrades at an ever-increasing rate.
The seminar is designed primarily for product managers and R&D engineers. It provides them with tools for developing and evaluating ideas for upgrading and extending the products for which they are responsible.
The seminar contains the following topics:
- The dimensions of product improvement
- Customer value and customer needs
- Ansoff matrix, Kano model and other useful tools
- Finding inspiration for product improvements
- Evaluating and selecting ideas for product improvements